Monetary Supply of Circles

Here are some graphs and numbers how the monetary supply of circles will evolve over time.
So in this graphs we assume a constant numbers of people and we assume that the basic income is increased by 5% every year.
So the first graph shows the increase of your income, the second shows the increase of total supply and fraction of it that is new income. The third one is the most important one - it shows the real value of the income. The real value of new income is the ratio of new income to existing money supply. With 5% increase per year the ratio will eventual stabilize close below 5%.

You could put 3 individuals I1, I2, I3, I1 starting from 0, I2 from the average (ex 1000) and I3 starting higher (ex 2000), so average is : (0 + 1000 + 2000) / 3 = 1000, and looking at what happens during 80 years (life expectancy).

• you could count those accounts in other 3 colums in % of the average (or in number of basic incomes which is yet 5% of money supply), so in that point of view the account won’t go to infinite. You will have then 2 different ways to count : quantitative (like the one you used here) and relative (in % of money, or basic income, or average).

You can see a calc file for that here (see the 3 spreadsheets to see all of them). It has been analysed for OpenUDC/uCoin project in 2014 and in 2013.

@Galuel - I agree - the value of a currency is always relative to the existing amount. What I wanted to show that the value (the ratio of existing coins to new coins) of the “basic income” or “new money creation” stabilizes over time to the same number the income is increased per year. (current suggestion 5%)

With this system inequalities in the past will even out since “old money” is getting worth less over time.

You could show now how the money converge towards the average in time. Future members of the money need this information, and this information depends of the % of money you choose for basic income. You can so show a graph like this one :

For different values of the % chosen for the basic income.

1 Like